If you’re looking to grow and expand your business, then setting up a business Instagram account is crucial. Ensuring that your business has a digital footprint will lead to guaranteed growth. But in order to do that, you need to make sure that you’ve set up your business Instagram account correctly.
To set up a business account:
- Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner
- Tap the gear icon that represents settings and privacy. For some accounts, there may be an option listed directly under the settings and privacy button that says ‘switch to professional account‘ – if you don’t see this option, continue to step 3.
- Next, hit Account Type and Tools
- Then hit ‘Switch to professional account‘
- Hit continue
- Select a Category for your business and then hit the Done button
- Next, you can hit Business
- Tap the Next button after
- Add your business’s contact information and then tap Next again – if you would like to skip this step (which we don’t recommend for a business), tap Don’t use my contact info
- To share logins using Accounts Center, hit Continue. This will walk you through the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page that is associated with your business. This is an optional step, but it will make it easier to use all the features available for businesses in the Meta business suite.
- To complete the set-up of your professional account, tap the X in the top right corner to return to your profile.
Benefits of an Instagram Business Profile
- Instagram insights and analytics
- Connect to a scheduling app
- Instagram advertising
- More sections on your profile
- Instagram shop and tagging products
How to Optimize Your Business Instagram Profile
Once you’ve set up your business Instagram profile, it’s time to make sure it’s optimized to make sure it gets the most traffic. You want to make sure that all the information the client needs is right there where they can access it with ease.
Optimize your Instagram Business Profile by doing the following:
- Add a profile photo
- Add your accurate full business name
- Make sure your username matches your business name
- Make sure that your bio is attention-grabbing and has all the proper information about the business
- Connect your professional Instagram page to your professional Facebook page
- Ensure that you choose the correct category for business
- List all the best ways for customers or clients to contact you
- Add a call-to-action button
- Add story highlights to the top of your profile
Create a Strong Marketing and Advertising Strategy
Once you’ve created your business Instagram profile, you’re going to want to sit down and create a strong marketing strategy. If you don’t know where to start, then our team of experts at Sparklight Advertising would be more than happy to help you create the marketing plan that you need to get the leads you deserve. Contact us today to get the marketing and advertising plan your business has been waiting on!